- Dogs must be starved from midnight the night before surgery and have access to water.
- Dogs must be taken for a short walk to have a pee and poo before coming in.
- We encourage clients to bring in a toy or blanket to comfort the pet in recovery.
- We encourage clients to use a Buster collar to prevent the wound being licked by the pet.
- It is a day surgery case.
Males can be castrated from 6 months old. However, we are recommending clients book to see a nurse or vet to discuss the best time as it is not suitable for all dogs to be castrated at this age. (temperament, breed, size etc.)
Females are ideally spayed 3 months after their first season. It can be done before the first season. Check with a Vet if unsure.